Sunday, January 28, 2018

What a delightful day yesterday at the Wickenburg quilt show with Wanda and Marcie!  We saw lots of lovely quilts, and ran into many friends from Phoenix who had the same idea.  It turned out to be Marcie's first time at a quilt show, so now she's getting even more excited about the upcoming AQG one in March.


After we'd checked out all the quilts, we did a little shopping.  Marcie and I picked up some fat quarters for LRC at the Flying Pig, and then checked out the various sale booths on stage.  Wanda pointed me in the direction of a landscape quilt book that she has found very helpful. Seemingly brand new and only costing $1 (original price was $26.95) how could I pass it up?  But when I got home last night and had a chance to read through it, I discovered that virtually all of the techniques described are out of my comfort zone.  I see many SOS calls to Wanda when I go to try them out!



Lunch after the show at the Cowboy Café was a success, and we all ate heartily.  I did enjoy my sandwich, though after I got a taste of Marcie's delicious chili I think I should have gone with my initial thought and ordered that.  There was still room for dessert, and I certainly enjoyed my brownie topped with vanilla ice cream and chocolate syrup.  Had counted on more help from Marcie and Wanda, but in the end was "forced" to eat the lion's share of it myself.



Think we were all tired by the time we got home.  I hung out on the heating pad while I loaded, resized, and cropped photos of the show - and may even have drifted off for a bit of an afternoon nap!


You know that I did take lots of photos of the quilts yesterday - but ran out of oomph and decided to put off posting them until this morning.  However this morning I seem to be running out of time.  Haven't yet had breakfast or showered, and blast off for the bluegrass festival in Casa Grande is in about an hour - so pic posting will just have to wait.


This "quilt cart" was parked right out front of the Community Center
where the show was being held.

No comments:

Post a Comment