Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Much of yesterday turned out to be spent on the phone! 


Several were somewhat lengthy chats: I talked with Mom twice (though admittedly the second time was brief because she was simply testing out her 'new' iPhone which Andy/Sandy were setting up for her, and which she'll need to be able to use to call me for pick-up at the airport), Linda, Colleen (who apparently has been trying to connect with me for days on the house phone), and Josh.  Others were simply making appointments, like with Deb for Paul and his crew to return, or to Bella to set up the much-need post-construction house cleaning.



In the afternoon I headed to the lab for the redo of the creatinine test, and again I was happy to see that I'd chosen a good time - the waiting room empty.  However <sigh> the lab order (that the oncologist's office said on Friday they would fax to the lab) had never appeared, so I got to sit and wait while a phone call was made to remedy that. Naturally I had brought a book with me (one that Patti recommended and passed on to me Sunday) so it wasn't that big of a deal. 


Still, I could (and should!) have been in and out of there a lot quicker... 
if someone hadn't dropped the ball.



Speaking of in and out - by the time I got out of there I was hungry, and decided to pop over to In-n-Out Burger (it's right near the lab) for a quick burger and fries. 


Who'd have thunk the line at the drive-through would be so long at 2:00? 
Again, at least I had my book to read.



Marcie (and Latina, of course) stopped by in the afternoon to show me the quilt I talked her into entering in the AQG show (the angled binding had needed to be redone, and she just got it back yesterday) and it's gorgeous!  Irene did a stunning job on it; even Tom commented on how perfect her quilting was. I'll get to see it again when I hand-stitch the required sleeve.



Alex got home yesterday afternoon, and approved of both Marcie's quilt and the new kitchen hood.  He was pretty tired, and after a short visit went back to unpack (and rest) until we went out for dinner at Sweet Tomatoes.  I enjoyed my salad and soup, but couldn't go back for seconds (as I would have liked) after my later-than-usual lunch.


  To Alex's amazement I even passed up the chocolate lava cake - making him feel somewhat guilty as he pigged out on his dessert in front of me - but then I did sleep in until almost 6:00 this morning.  So it was worth it!


Alex has a trip to Flagstaff planned for Wednesday, and then may return on Friday with a different group of friends.  Of course after "real" snowboarding venues in Colorado, Snowbowl won't be nearly as exciting - but expect he'll enjoy himself nevertheless.



Alex also wants to schedule my long-over due trip to Vegas to see the Terry Fator show while he's home - and is talking about taking me out clubbing afterward.  


 With all the construction and traffic in and out of the house (and knowing that "at some point" Bella would be here to do it right!) I've quite easily justified putting off the lion's share of house-cleaning.
(Not that I ever really need an excuse...?)  



But with some of the Foothills ladies scheduled for a meeting here tomorrow afternoon I really need to do some. Sprucing up that bathroom is at the top of my list this morning before heading to the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment