Monday, January 8, 2018

Yesterday I got a whole lot done in the garage before I hit a wall mid-afternoon.  (The heating pad was helpful, but I do miss my hot tub!) Today it was phone calls and errands.  I may not have gotten quite as much done as I had hoped, but I did manage to stay quite busy and accomplish a good deal (as evidenced by the number of things crossed off of my To-Do list!)  By mid-afternoon I again found myself done for the day, and "relaxed" by cutting up tonnage of blue jeans while I watched TV.  Tonight I expect to finish the book I just started, and which I found difficult to put down last night.  Thank you, Mary R., for the recommendation!



One of the calls I planned to make today was to Colleen.  We haven't touched base in a while, and I figured that with the grandkids back in school today it would be a good time.  But by the time I got home from errands I realized it was about time for her to head out and start the school pick-up and after-school activities.  So it was a nice coincidence when the doorbell rang this afternoon, and it was her dropping off some goodies for me.  She couldn't stay (due to afore-mentioned activities and homework) so I popped out for a quick hello to the kids.  Anna started talking about coming over to swim.  I know this is Arizona, but it'll still be a quite a while before that happens!



Tom went to Quartzsite for the day to "look at rocks".  Don't expect him back until late, but I didn't starve; there was a single portion of shrimp scampi left-over from dinner last night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment