Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Wasn't expecting the granite counter top installers until sometime between 11-1 (because that was the message Tom received and relayed to me) so I was surprised when they showed up this morning before 8:00.  Of course I'd been up for a couple of hours, but was still lounging in my PJs, "working" on the computer.


Sad news from Marcela awaited me this morning.  Things are moving "very quickly" at that end, so I may be flying out there as soon next week.  Last week Steve had huge amounts of fluid drained from his stomach, and blood transfusions also helped him feel somewhat better.



RE the kitchen, the good news is that the stove top seems shallow enough that Wade is pretty sure we won't lose the drawer underneath - which has been "iffy" since the beginning.  However (there's often a Murphy's Law "however") despite giving Diamond Cabinets the specs for the stove top we ordered, the hole isn't quite wide enough (half an inch on each side?) so Regis needs to come back and cut that out.  IF he can't get here soon (today or tomorrow) then I will need to reschedule Friday's hookups with Spencer.  I have already left a message at Diamond, though they don't open until 9:00.

No comments:

Post a Comment