Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Hectic morning, trying to get ready to head out for quilt program/potluck when a guy stopped by about 8:00 to see about the appliances gracing our driveway.  He was thrilled to hear that the oven and stove actually work (and absolutely loved the cast iron sink) since he can actually use them instead of just selling them for scrap metal. He will probably return next week to collect the old frig off the back porch because (in theory) we get the new one on Monday.  (His truck was already filled, so I was surprised he could squeeze in the huge double oven.) I did ask about the bike on top (Alex has invited me to go bike riding with him but my old bike bit the dust a while back) and it turned out to be in fine working order.... so now I do have a bike, though it needs a new tire.)  Unfortunately the 10 minutes or so talking with him did put me behind schedule, so by the time I picked up Marcie and Nyla and made it to Foothills I was about 10 minutes late for my job as Greeter.   

Great program (as usual) and great food (as usual), and once I finish resizing and cropping the pix some of them "may" show up on my blog.  Did buy two patterns and two templates just to add two more projects to my ever-increasing list!

It was a tad disappointing when I arrived home this afternoon to discover Cesar never made it over today; turned out his other job ran longer and he was still working over there.  But he'll be here first thing tomorrow morning.  At least there were no snafus with the granite measuring guy; Tom says he arrived shortly after I left, and was in and out in less than an hour.  

Alex called this afternoon to see if we had an extra heat lamp for the new chicks. Pokey uses the only one (I thought!) we had, and until the chicks can "graduate" to the coop they're going to need alternative housing.  At least we did have several stashed in the garage from which Alex could pick.  Once Alex and Stephanie got here (when I got to meet little chicks Penny, her Wyandot, and Kevin, his Cochin) and he lifted stuff it turned out that there were actually two heat lamps in the large reptile habitat; I guess he can return the one he bought when getting the chicks.   I got quite a chuckle out of how excited Alex got when (1-week-old?) Keven scratched in the dirt in the front yard and got a worm.  Despite choosing the name Kevin, he's hoping his chick turns out to be a hen and not a rooster, because the whole the idea is to get eggs!  





No comments:

Post a Comment