Monday, November 20, 2017

I was busy "attending" class yesterday morning when Patti called with a thread emergency. (What? You've never had one of those?) She's trying to get six gifts done (the cloth bowls that go in the microwave so you don't have to handle the hot bowl getting it out) before they fly to Michigan on Tuesday.  Though she was in the home stretch, she was in danger of running out of the 100% cotton thread (no doubt she has plenty of "regular" thread) and wondered if I had any.  Of course - that's all I have (and in lots and lots and lots of pretty colors!) So I saved her a schlep over to JoAnn's, and she gave me a break from my studying!



I 'managed' several soaks in the hot tub yesterday, and I'm happy to report that the dirt that show up while we were refilling it (maybe it had been hiding inside the jets?) had all been taken care of by the filter.  Could be interesting to see how gunked up they are when we take the filters out (today?) and clean them off.




Bill called yesterday, and I assumed it was to set a time for his arrival to install the kitchen window. 



However <sigh> it turned out that he had double-booked Monday, so we are in a holding pattern.  The window may - or may not! - get installed before Lisa and Logan's visit.



There were only three of us at Boot Camp yesterday; two of the regulars had surgery and will be down for the count for a while, and none of the others showed up either.  With the hubbub of the holidays - people traveling or having company - we may remain a smaller-than-usual group for a while.  A small group wouldn't be bad - except that while virtually all of us are "of an age", one is a very fit and athletic young woman in her mid-20s.  Need I say more?  While I'm not competing against anyone but myself, and joke that I'm there to make everyone else look good, it is a tad discouraging to work out next to her!  For example, she can plank indefinitely, while I'm just getting to the point where (sometimes!) I can do it for a count of 20... but definitely do feel like I'm dying!




Marcie and Latina came over in the afternoon to look at the quilt pix from Wednesday, and also to check out the two stools I offered to loan.  The taller one should work just fine for grandson Silas' visit next month when he will definitely need a boost to reach the sink when it's time for him to brush his teeth.



Dinner at Touch of Thai, and we brought home enough leftovers for a rerun tonight!  

Will be nice to eat in for a change!


I got another good night's sleep since I didn't read too long after I got into bed at 9:00, but more importantly also went back to sleep after my nightly bathroom trek.  (Guess I was tired from trying to find the NJ airport with Myra on our way to Hawaii? Where do these dreams come from?!)



I see the chiropractor later this morning, and then need to do my grocery shop for Thanksgiving (luckily we're only tasked with bringing a few easy things) and also what we need to have on hand for Lisa & Logan's visit on Friday.  No doubt the store will be busy since everyone who didn't have to shop over the weekend will likely be there today.  Hope I don't end up in line behind this woman!



Yesterday I finished last Monday's class (and most of its reading) so I just have Wednesday's to catch up on today.  The good news is that despite the length of the various Hearsay Rules (and some of them run PAGES long!) I am feeling much more confident about them (unlike some of the students in class.)  A few times I felt like shouting out the answer to a student from whom Andy was having difficulty eliciting an answer.  And for some reason <g> he never calls on me in class...


No comments:

Post a Comment