Friday, November 3, 2017

Up before 4:00 again this morning... boo, hiss!

Tami and I had a wonderful time at today's quilt show.  There were many beautiful quilts, though I only took a couple of pix.  It was fun pointing out things to Tami, who is hoping I'll teach her to quilt before next summer when she's cooped up inside because of the heat.  We're already thinking about what her first project should be, and are leaning toward a table runner.

We had a leisurely yummy lunch al fresco, where I opted for the day's special, a Tandori chicken salad wrap, and afterward still had time for a fun browse at the book store.  (I didn't buy anything at the quilt show, but did drop a few bucks there.)  Tami had to head back to the house to pick up something for work, so I ended up staying there figuring I'd be more comfortable at home instead of hanging out at the office while she worked.  I did plan to be productive, and started listening to some more of Monday's lecture, but soon decided I was just too tired to concentrate.  So I stretched out on the bed and closed my eyes, and may have even dozed a little - with Lucy and Piper helping, of course.

We met Allan in town for dinner and started off with a new item on their appetizer menu, outrageously delicious deep fried cauliflower. All three of us decided we may have found a new favorite food,  My spinach salad was huge, loaded with lots of goodies like hard boiled eggs, craisins, and slivered almonds, and came with a tasty raspberry vinaigrette dressing, so I left there pretty stuffed. 

We enjoyed a fire out on the lovely back patio, and then did some last minute food prep for Tami's Girl Scout camping trip tomorrow.

Cesar called this evening to confirm plans for tearing out floors tomorrow.  He'll be there at 8:00, so by the time I get home in the afternoon he should have made substantial progress.  I called Tom to let him know Cesar's time schedule, and got the update on his day there.  The cabinets were delivered, Bill was there all day working hard on the electrical (but still has lots more to do), and of course there was the additional fun of irrigation.  

Now it's 10:00, and time to crash. 
I'm really hoping to sleep in past 4:00 tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment