Monday, November 20, 2017

:

After the chiropractor I headed for Winco, but as long as I was in the neighborhood I stopped in at the cabinet place to see if they had a date for our counter top install.  Kenny made a call, and James called me back shortly with the good news: we will be getting our granite counter tops on Wednesday, November 29.  YAY!


This evening I called Bill to let him know about that (because he needs to texture the drywall below the window before then) and he's going to come over tomorrow.  More progress!




I got all my grocery shopping done, and think we're pretty well set for Lisa & Logan's visit on Friday. However I was surprised (and disappointed) to see a sign at Winco's entrance that they are going to be open on Thanksgiving!  While I understand the need for medical and emergency personnel to work on holidays, it seems to me that everyone else should have the opportunity to send time with family instead of working.  IMHO there is no need for a grocery store to be open when people have had plenty of notice (ya think?) that Thanksgiving is coming.  If they have forgotten to buy something, maybe they should just do without it?  Actually talked with the store manager to voice my disappointment about making people work on the holiday... and don't even get me started on retailers who can't wait for Black Friday, and are open on Thanksgiving.  THIS is what I want to see:



Dropped off the stool at Marcie's, admired the progress she's making on her latest quilt, and ended up staying for lunch - yummy soup.  While I was there the pool store called to let me know the hot tub filter was in, so I popped over to get that.



This afternoon Alex and Benny hauled the old frig off the back porch (will make for a much nicer view through that window when it's installed tomorrow) and deposited it out by the street.  Currently it's our bulk trash time, and since people are cruising the neighborhood to see what goodies they can find I expect it to disappear shortly.  At least I hope so! (Paul never called back, even though I left him a voice message, and then a few days later a text.)  



STUNNING sunset tonight; it looked like the entire sky was on fire!



We ended up going out to dinner with Alex instead of staying in.  Now I really have lots of leftovers for tomorrow night!

No comments:

Post a Comment