Saturday, November 18, 2017

Up at 3:30 yesterday... which is getting really, really, really old!  I was tempted to skip the gym, but showed up anyway.  Jim put me through a half-hour of mat exercises, and (so far, anyway) I am not feeling any serious after-effects this morning as predicted. 




The cloudy skies of the past several days did "dump" some precipitation on my way home from the gym (I had to use the windshield wipers, though it was actually just heavy sprinkles) so not surprising that officially it was not measurable.


The last time Phoenix had measurable rain was the end of August, though we are not in imminent danger of breaking our rain-free-day record, which is about twice as long.



We were expecting Becky's call at 1:00 yesterday.  When Alex called at noon to see if we'd be home for Stephanie to pick up the chicks (yes) he said she'd be here in an hour.  I didn't expect that exact timing, but (Murphy's Law strikes again) as I saw her pulling into the driveway right on time I said to Tom, "Bet the phone rings right now."  And the instant that last word left my mouth, guess what happened?



I hoped that maybe we could give away our 2 hours of irrigation on the upcoming cycle and thus keep the yard dry for Logan's visit with all the animals that day.  After phone calls and door-knocks to virtually every house between here and 35th, finally (LONG story short!) found one house that will take the first hour.  Here's hoping that our Back 40 can contain the other hour.  If it threatens to overflow, we will just let it go a little early.



Last night I bundled up in socks and warm jammies, crawled into bed at 7:30 - and slept until 5:00 this morning!  THANK YOU, LUNESTA!!! 



Tom is going to drain hot tub today, so cleaning and then refilling it is on my agenda.  Alex was 'supposed' to do that for me, but he is working the Gold Rush music festival at Rawhide this weekend. 


He was excited about the line-up of major performers, though (of course) I have never heard of any of them.  Did get a chuckle out of some of the groups' names: Hippie Sabotage; Party Thieves; The Underachievers; Marshmello.



Seems like every year when we start up the hot tub there's an issue, but maybe (!) after replacing all sorts of electrical components last year we won't have those problems now?



I will be watching Latina for a little bit today while Mike and Marcie make their  big charity shop for Thanksgiving, and need to attend the week's lectures (and do the reading) for class.  So my day is looking fairly full!


But with a good night's rest (finally!!!) under my belt, should be no problem!


No comments:

Post a Comment