Thursday, November 2, 2017

APS is trimming trees in our neighborhood to keep them away from the power lines.  We expected them earlier in the week, and since Tom had told them they could park in our driveway I've been parking over by the shop for the past few days.  Naturally they maneuvered their huge truck into the driveway 5 minutes before Cornell and his brother arrived to demolish the kitchen - not good timing!  Luckily there isn't a shortage of trees in the neighborhood, so they just moved to a different house up the street.

Today's kitchen demolition was almost complete by the time I left.  Mostly I stayed out of their way, but did take periodic breaks from Evidence class to 'supervise'.   The room sure looks like MUCH bigger without the island or cabinets!  There were a couple of little surprises (and thus a little more electric work for Bill tomorrow) but hopefully nothing major.

I had an uneventful drive to Havasu, though the usual idiots were on the road, and arrived a little ahead of schedule.  I even got my best ever MPG, 25, on this trip. After I filled up the tank for the return trip (and emptied my own) I still had enough time to bind one of the placemats while I waited for Tami to get home from work.  I got a very warm welcome from everyone, including Yorkies Piper and her sister Lucy, who is recovering from a coyote attack in their backyard.  She sustained some puncture bites and bruising, and limped for a while, but luckily there weren't any internal injuries.

We talked and laughed, ate a delicious salmon dinner (thank you, Allan!) and talked and laughed some more until bedtime.

Quilt Show tomorrow!  

No comments:

Post a Comment