Monday, November 13, 2017

I got about 90 minutes of class taken care of before Alex arrived with the chicks, and shortly after that Marcie and Mike came by to see the appliances and check on the mosaic table/chairs.  I'm glad they are going to take the set.  (I'd bought it at a yard sale because it was so cute, but unfortunately the pieces are all very heavy; the way Pokey likes to rearrange the patio furniture I worried she would knock them over and crack her shell, so they've been tucked away in a corner and not used.)  Now they'll have a new backyard where they'll actually get used!

The chicks, who enjoyed their time in the backyard this afternoon, can keep the dishwasher company for a couple of days here at Dodge Doggie Daycare.  Obviously despite our moniker we also take chicks....



Latina LOVED running around on the grass in the backyard, and got more exercise than she has since her arrival in Phoenix.  Here she's taking a break to sniff at the treat jar!



One of the drawers in the frig has some plastic wrap on the outside of the back that the delivery guy missed removing, and I thought I'd just take the drawer out and do it.  When I couldn't get the drawer out, I asked Alex  to do it when he came in to admire the kitchen - and I definitely felt better when he couldn't figure it out, either.  When Tom came in from the shop and he couldn't get it out he decided to look in the instruction manual, but as usual it didn't include helpful information like that.... and Latina can't read yet so she wasn't much help.


I'm just thinking -



Pooped pooch resting after zooming around the yard!



Patti is stopping by on her way home from work to see the new kitchen, and Dennis is coming by around 5 to give us an estimate for the paint job.  Maybe I can finish that last 30 minutes of last Monday's class before then!

No comments:

Post a Comment