Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Dennis got hung up at his current painting job yesterday, so we've rescheduled our meeting for today.  While “everyone” says to paint last, it sure seems to like it would be easier to do before the counter backsplashes go on.  (I’m thinking we should have painted the room when it was a bare shell, when we could have easily done it ourselves, but apparently what do I know?)



Patti, however, did make it over last evening and admired the new kitchen.  (What's not to like?  Pretty much anything would be an improvement over the old one!) She stopped by last Monday when Regis had just started installing cabinets, so there's been considerable improvements since then.  Of course with each step it’s looking more and more like a real kitchen again!  Our stove, dishwasher, and sink are all waiting for the counter tops before they can be hooked up <all together now> “sometime after Thanksgiving”… and then it will actually be a real kitchen and we can post a sign: 



During dinner last night at the Genghis Grill (always fun to build our own plates and then watch the guys grill them) I asked Tom what he plans to cook for the oven's inaugural run.  I'm paraphrasing here: "I don't want to use it much, so it'll stay clean."  Who knew he has OSS?



I'd like to finish up the last 20 minutes of last Wednesday's lecture this morning, and of course Tuesday is gym day.  There are also several necessary phone calls on today's List, including making my room reservation for the VOS quilt retreat in February (fun) and talking to DISCOVER (not so much fun) to figure out why there are some substantial "late" charges on the current bill since my HEFTY check last month was mailed weeks in advance of its due date (and yes, has cleared the bank.)



The days are exquisitely lovely here, with temps in the low 80s, though it is starting to get chilly at night.  (I see some of you out-of-state people rolling your eyes at my definition of chilly...)  We've already had a night where temps dipped just below 60, Pokey's comfort threshhold, so once we unplug the frig on the back porch (today?) Pokey's Palace can reopen for business.  



I've had to wear a robe first thing in the mornings, and have found myself thinking about Terry's heated floor (which no doubt has been up and running for some time now in Colorado.)  And despite going to bed shortly after 9 last night, I slept in until 5 this morning!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment