Monday, June 3, 2013

Yesterday was spent sewing and lounging.  
I finished up two small tops - this one I planned out,

 and this one preemie one from leftover blocks,
which turned out very unbalanced.  

Will obviously have to do something about that.  I used that pretty brown fabric to pull out the brown color from the Earth because I didn't have any dark greens that coordinated, but that wide border completely overwhelms the quilt.  Maybe if I cut it down to a narrow strip?  As Paula always said, there are no quilting mistakes, just quilting opportunities!
 

This morning I watered plants on the porches/patios since it's been a tad <g> toasty lately.  Patti called yesterday to give me the details of their Grand Canyon hike on Saturday.  Despite drinking lots of water (and utilizing shade whenever available) it seems that the heat really got to them, especially Carol.  
I'm sure it was scary at the time, but happily all's well that ends well!

 Before it got too hot I trimmed all the bushes out front to top off the trash cans (it really is a sin to not have them filled on pick-up day) and topped off the pool out back.  Also got some more trip  pix 'in the mail', though still have more to do.

Today I plan to take my 'other' sewing machine in for a cleaning, and 'as long as I'm in the neighborhood' I hope to get another tutorial on the embroidery part of my new machine.  

Sort of waiting to hear from Alex.  He had his car in for service on Saturday.  Along with an oil change, he had the A/C fixed (no surprise that driving it w/o A/C was pretty miserable.... even though it was only May!) but now the alternator and/or generator are not happy, and the car died before he got home from work on Saturday night.  Of course yesterday Fletcher's wasn't open, so he'll get to deal with that today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment