Thursday, June 20, 2013

I can stand up; I can sit down!  It 'only' took 5 days for my legs to recover.  

While my upper body did tell me it did some exercise, at least it never screamed at me like my legs did; it was polite, and whispered.  

Of course I plan to hit the gym later today, so who knows what body parts I'll be annoying next.

Yesterday afternoon Marilyn called to help me get my iPad set up to borrow books from the library.  We were on the phone for over an hour, with the usual wrinkles (and then some) at every step in the process.  
It didn't help that her internet (in Texas) was out of commission, so she couldn't look at her screen and tell me exactly what mine should be saying.  I did get a little cranky when she wanted me to select options that did not appear in my universe, (who wouldn't?) but she ignored my outbursts (sisters can be good at that...) and pushed on.  

Naturally I fell into every hole along the way, but eventually she dragged me into the 21st Century. 

Will I be able to do it again on my own, withOUT Marilyn's Tech Help Support? Possibly, since it seems to be set up so that even a techno-peasant like me should be able to do it.  

But remember my eReader experience?  I'll help you here.  
After many, many e-mails back and forth, and eventually phone calls (they don't usually do that, but the library tech help woman either took great pity on me, or just got annoyed at the steady stream of e-mails) I finally got  to the point where I could check out books from the library... but right away, one that was checked out for a reasonable 2 weeks disappeared after only 4 days - and yes, I still those final few chapters to go.  So I had to schlep to the library for a DTB after all.  So much for that plan!

I did some sewing yesterday, and got a small gift done (which is a surprise for someone, so obviously no details or pix.)  
But I really like the way it turned out - and think she will also.  You'll just have to trust me on this one.

Now I'm off to mow, a little later than I had planned, since I slept in a bit.  Bet it's already warm out there, but need to get it done before the flooding tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment