Sunday, June 23, 2013

This morning I hit the gym early (was home by 8:00) and am feeling good about my 'workout'.  Just did cardio on the treadmill, but finally remembered to bring a 'book' (my iPad), which certainly made the scenery <G> much more pleasurable.  

I set the machine at the same speed (3) and same incline (3), but this time I upped my time by 5 minutes.  I am pleased to report that my heart rate still stayed nice and low.  Considering I only started last Sunday, I'm quite surprised that my heart is happier already!  I actually would have walked longer (it's a good book!) but I didn't have a kleenex with me, and my eyes/nose got watery.  

When I got home, there was an e-mail reminding me of my training session with Jim tomorrow morning at 9:00 (not that I've forgotten.)  One of the things I want to ask him is should I shoot for longer times on the treadmill or more incline?  Don't want to go too much faster since jogging jars my sad vertabrae... and could make it harder to read! LOL  

I also plan to add the elliptical, which shouldn't jar my lower back.
I need to get some workout clothes, 
but don't think I'll be shopping where she does.  

Short-shorts are definitely out; 
this length is more appropriate for 'women of a certain age', like me!

No comments:

Post a Comment