Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Tom arrived home yesterday around lunchtime.  He (and Kaye & Teresa) had a great time, although the only knife he sold was to one of Teresa's relatives.  He did get to instruct some of the Native Americans in the art of flintknapping, and from his spot see a lot of dancing.  
  



In the afternoon I shuffled off to Mulqueens with my old machine; 
it needs a professional cleaning before the dust bunnies inside rise up and attack!

I brought along my instruction book for the new machine 'just in case' I wanted to jot down some important notes.  Unfortunately there was no one there to give me a tutorial on the embroidery machine.  There is a class this Saturday - but I'll be at the memorial for Cheryl, and have not yet <G> mastered the art of being in two places at once.

So I'm signed up for the next class, on June 27.  Along with the machine I'll have to bring a variety of embroidery threads.  (Embroidery machines can NOT use cotton thread.) Carolyn has reminded me to swing by and 'borrow' some of hers.  (One year Gary gave her a mega gift pack of  'zillions' of spools of embroidery thread, in every imaginable color.  Her granddaughter was pretty confused about why she was so thrilled; "It's just thread, Grandma!")

Alex got his car towed back over to Fletchers yesterday, where it turns out that the power steering fluid had leaked big time ('probably' the reason that his PS hasn't worked in ages) and in so doing ruined the generator and/or alternator.  Long story short: big bucks to fix it.  (Isn't that usually the case with cars?)  

But his friend who last year replaced some other parts on the car for him is going to come over here Wednesday evening and do the work, saving Alex about $400.  

I missed some details of the Fletcher story because I ended up taking an afternoon nap.  I kept waking up every time Alex came in and updated Tom, but would drift back off to sleep almost immediately.  At 6:00 I got out of bed and grilled salmon, and then watched Indiana lose the 7th game of the Finals.  At least San Antonio 'listened' to me, and won their series.  Not sure if I'll watch the championship games since Tom will be off collecting rocks.

I have a dentist appointment later this morning.  My tooth (from the infamous September fall) is doing okay, although I still feel it whenever there is the slightest pressure; I'm anxious for him to check it out and make sure it's healing correctly since I had really expected it to be 'all better' by now!

Lisa is dropping Lemma off today; she and Chas are taking a raft trip and I'll be doing the cricket thing while they're out having fun in the sun.  (Hope Lemma is happy with the way I 'cook'.)  This raft pic is from our 2008 raft trip on Upper Colorado; not sure what trip they're taking this time.

We're getting ready to eat a lot of peaches - they're ripening up nicely, and the birds have left us some!  


While I am certainly quite happy to share our bounty with the birds, I do wish that they would finish what they start, instead of just taking a few nibbles out of one and then starting in on another peach!

No comments:

Post a Comment