Sunday, June 30, 2013

Yesterday was not my most productive day sewing - I ended up doing a serious amount of frog stitching. 

 Right off the bat I figured out how to make a totally new mistake, 
and it definitely was not an improvement!
 Working on a fence rail quilt, I had grabbed my next two strips. But somehow one strip didn't unfold, so i ended up sewing 3 'pieces' together.  

 Not that much later <sigh> instead of sewing two strips right sides together, I sewed them right side to wrong side. It wasn't too much later that I stretched out in front of the TV and dozed for an hour or two.  Obviously I really, really needed a nap!

Phoenix broke the heat record yesterday by a couple of degrees, hitting 119. Yes, we expect heat here in the summer. But these temps are 10-15 degrees above normal. I wisely stayed inside with the A/C.  

Today is supposed to be even hotter, so think I'll go with the same plan again today... but hopefully (!) do less ripping.  And if the 'gang' ends up coming over to swim (they didn't yesterday), I'll go outside for that!

Tom called last night from Idaho, where it's been over 100.  Since he and Carlo are out and about (on the quads and hiking) it's been brutal for them.  But he did say how gorgeous the country is there.  Of course I already knew that from spending many summers up there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment