Wednesday, June 26, 2013

In case you wondered, Murphy's Law still operates in my area of the universe.

I decided to wear rubber gloves this morning to do the dishes, in deference to my injured finger.  Who knew (lol) that there was a tear in one of the fingers?  And (of course) out of 10 possible fingers, which was the torn one?
Trust me.... 
you definitely have much more than a 10% chance of guessing correctly!

When I was getting ready to head out for Busy Bees this morning, I looked all over for my camera (with the replacement memory card) until I finally found it - with the quilts I was taking for Show & Tell.  Obviously I put it there last night so I wouldn't forget it, but guess I was suffering from another (all too frequent!) bout of CRS this morning.  

Unfortunately, that replacement memory card was so small that it would only hold a handful of pictures, so I could only snap a few at quilting. Sometimes
 

Anyway, here are a few pix of the morning's Show&Tell.

Talk about a UFO; Carol appliqued these blocks a loooong time ago (25 years?) and then they just sat around patiently, waiting for just the right quilt.  Her granddaughter wanted a quilt made from them, and requested bright red sashing.  Carol was dubious, but did as Willow asked.  
And the quilt turned out so nice Carol's kind of sorry that she doesn't get to keep it for herself!

Melissa and Joanne showed off last month's Row Along.  (Knowing I was limited, I didn't take a picture today of Joni with this month's row, cups.)

Marjory is going to teach a bag class in a few months.  In the meantime, she whipped up this bag to go with all of those adorable mice 'holders' I posted last month.

And speaking of bags, Pati Cook brought in a couple of new ones of hers.  We're all so glad to see she's back sewing again.

This adorable charity quilt is not a panel (as we first assumed) and gives me some ideas of how to use some companion fabrics I have stashed away!  (As always, I have way more ideas than time!)

And speaking of Charity Quilts - I donated the jellyroll top I made at Foothills yesterday.  Which means I won't have it to show at next month's Foothills meeting...oops!  It's nice and bright, and will make a happy quilt for a child who could use an extra smile.

Pennie hasn't quite finished quilting Zach & Bekkah's wedding quilt, but brought a picture of it on the frame to show me her progress.  I already knew it was going to look beautiful when I gave it to her to quilt - she does stunning work! - but she wanted to show me how nicely it's turning out.  I should have it back early in July and then can get to work binding it.  In the meantime I've been busy collecting fabrics for Jeff & Priscilla's wedding quilt, but am not going to actually start working on that one until I have the first one finished.

Neighbor Lisa texted to see if she could bring the kids over to swim around 2:00, which sounds good to me.  So I figured I'd better head off to the gym and do my treadmill (I missed yesterday because of quilting, and will miss tomorrow because of my all-day embroidery class) in order to be sure to be back home by the time they arrived.

However, when I got to the gym and the parking lot was basically empty

I remembered that 
they're getting all the the new machines, and the gym is closed. 


(It's not as if they've had signs plastered all over the past few weeks to remind us, right?  LOL)


No comments:

Post a Comment