Monday, September 6, 2021

 Sunday was a relaxing day, when I worked on the charity baby quilt.

Now it just needs borders. 


We also worked on the puzzle, and are closing in on finishing it!  It should be easier, with fewer gaps (and a much smaller pile of pieces to sort through) - but "somehow" it's not...!

I tried out my new net in the pool while I helped Creepy, and while it works just fine <g> sadly I was not in time to save a baby lizard, like this one, from a watery grave.


Once out of the pool I got dressed, and wore my new birthday shirt.
Selfies in the mirror don't work that well if you leave on the flash...


This is better, right?


Then I got a new jug of cran-raspberry out of the pantry, which of course needed ice cubes.  So I tried out my new penguins!


They worked just fine.  :-)



Mid-afternoon Alex returned from his hiking/camping trip to Indian Maiden Falls, which was "great, but brutal.  That hike was no joke, and those people weren't lying."  

So obviously I won't be making that hike... <lol>  

Alex posted a slew of wonderful pix on Instagram, so at least I sort-of got to visit.  There were definitely lots of stunning views, and a glorious swimming hole at the end, but the "trail" was beyond IFFY in places.


Joy and Dick are still dealing with their phone being out.  It's been three weeks, and despite numerous calls to Century Link (on various days from their son, daughter, and grandson) to come out and fix it, the repair crew was always a no-show on the 'promised' date.   Despite their apparent good health, at their ages (94 and 92) not having access to a phone is not merely an inconvenience but truly a safety issue - and, in case of a medical problem, could actually turn into a life-or-death situation!   

I'd suggested we contact Gary Harper, at 3 On Your Side, because he seems to have good luck resolving problems.  Yesterday afternoon Joy came over with all the pertinent information so I can whip up a letter for her. 


Once we got that business out of the way we chatted (I learned more about her family and early years) and she admired my 3 current WIPS, all destined for charity.


Glo called yesterday, and we enjoyed our usual lengthy chat.  She and Bert are still in NC while they await their scheduled move in November into their new house in FL.  Unfortunately she's not able to enjoy herself as much as usual because currently she's dealing with serious neck issues (pinched nerve and herniated disc) that are going to require surgery.  I feel her pain, having dealt for years with similar issues in my lower back, so I hope she finds the right surgeon sooner rather than later.  

Never a dull moment at our age, right?


Now time to get my morning started before it's time to  head over to The Claim Jumper 
for another birthday lunch with friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment