Sunday, September 26, 2021

 Though I've been sleeping reasonably well lately, yesterday (and today) I woke really early.  Sure do miss getting a good night's sleep!



After I dropped off Carol's empty tub (so she can fill it up again before the movers come on Wednesday) and gassed up (prices remain high, so I'm not at all sad that I'm not driving any distance of note these days) I picked up Wanda for our trip to TOQS.



She found most of what she was looking for (most importantly threads so she can custom quilt her latest beauty) and I picked up half a yard of just-the-right pink for my next charity quilt.  After I made up a test block I hadn't been happy with the neutral I'd scored from Carol, along with the cat focus fabric.


These blue and pink fabrics should brighten up the quilt considerably.



Afterward we lunched at a favorite place of hers, near her house, where I'd never been.  My meal was perfect, so I'll definitely return. (Forget the name, but I do know right where it is, at Union Hills & 7th St.)



As we were leaving we stopped to chat with the folks at the next table, who had a model of their dream house with them.  (They were waiting on their architect to arrive.)  It's going to be a green house, in the mountains of NM, and definitely looks lovely.  But stairs to a second story at their age? Hmmmm




By the time I got home in the afternoon I was definitely dragging, and 'may' have dozed off in the front of the TV.  Still, I had no trouble crashing early last night.




Sewing was the only thing on my agenda for today.  So far, so good.  I've got my twelve 4-patches made, and after this break may actually get them sewn together.


But since I had just enough of the pink (literally only 2 inches left over) now I am having to rethink my idea for the borders.




It's been raining steadily most of the day, so it's a good thing Tom finished the rest of the mowing yesterday.  Wonder if the rain impacted Alex and Pauly's hike out today?  Tom just saw them drive in, so maybe they'll come over in a bit and give me a report.

No comments:

Post a Comment