Wednesday, September 15, 2021

 I think of Dad often, and all sorts of things can bring up a memory.  Like yesterday, when I was leaving the gym, I discovered that a red corvette had parked right next to me; it definitely reminded me of a Dad story!


Then it was straight from the gym to the dentist, where I had an excellent cleaning/check-up, and so now I'm good-to-go for another 4 months. Molly did a blood pressure check before we started (seems like a new thing there) and though 115/71is above normal for me, it's still in the good range. 

No doubt it was elevated because I was a little concerned about an issue that's cropped up in the past couple of weeks with the tooth he fixed four months ago - but happily it just needed a very minor adjustment.


Yesterday Alex smoked the doves he and Pauley shot the other day (and had been marinating ever since) and then made jalapeno poppers with them.  They turned out delicious (he'd also smoked some chicken breasts 'just in case' that wasn't the case) though the did have a 'tang' to them and ended up too hot for Tom. Alex posted some great photos on Instagram, and sometimes I can "borrow" pix from there, though not in this instance. 


The chicken was also yummy.



I made a trip to the grocery store after 5:00 for some things for our group dinner (Pauley joined us) knowing full well it would be bad at that time of day - but it was worse than expected.  

All check-out lines were quite long, and then the young man the checkout I selected was sssslllloooolowwww - and also truly inept.  (He fumbled several times simply trying to put my bag of four ears of corn into the plastic bag, and then dropped some on the floor.)  Totally believable that it could have been his first day on the job (or maybe his first hour?) 

And then he punched in the wrong code for the 4 ears of corn (which should have 4079), charging me for 4 cauliflowers (4078).  I was in such a hurry (Alex had said the doves wouldn't take long to smoke, though that also took a lot longer than he'd thought, and we ate rather late) that the high total for the few items I bought didn't register until I was on my way home.  I'd say $9.60 for four ears of corn IS excessive, right?


Soon off to Busy Bees, with lots to share at Show & Tell today!

No comments:

Post a Comment