Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Monday's vitamin C did the trick; I felt better yesterday morning.  

After I took care of pool duty (there was a recent fly hatch nearby, so there have been a lot of dead ones floating on the surface) I finished up the final border on my latest charity quilt.  It will look better after someone quilts it, and then should keep some fisherman snug and happy!



I did need to top off the pool, which is getting quite low, 
but there had been a hose mishap when Tom mowed on Sunday.


It turned out that I was able to do that yesterday before leaving for the gym, since the worst of the leaks had been fixed with copious amounts of duct tape.  And since there are chances of rain over the next few days (yesterday started out quite overcast, and it finally rained some in the late afternoon) which could help the water level situation.



After some miscommunication (and hurt feelings all around) the purple bush finally got trimmed back from the roof Monday.  That plant has always been quite the headache (and to top it off it I think its blossoms smell horrible) so too bad it hasn't shown signs of dying back (like several of our trees) after our irrigation-less summer! 



Did legs at the gym yesterday, and Jim had brought that weight for me to borrow (though as of this morning it is still sitting in the car...)  In the afternoon I worked more on the baby-size pinwheel charity quilt. While I didn't care much for the fabrics in the pack I won as a door prize a couple of months ago, I do think it'll work up fine.  (And on FB I have been seeing quite a number of quilts using that fabric line, so obviously other people like it.)  I hope to get it to a photo stage later today.




Got a blast from the past yesterday afternoon when Irene called out of the blue; haven't had contact with her since before the pandemic.  Unfortunately her health hasn't been good these past couple of years (quite the list, with one thing after another) so with limited energy she won't be continuing with Foothills.


  

The main reason she called was to see if I wanted a Babylock serger that her friend Norma, who is down-sizing, is giving away.  I wouldn't use it, but have posted it on Foothills' Facebook page, and am also sending the info to Louise to pass along to the Busy Bees.




I woke up way too early this morning, at 4:00, when of course it was still dark out - so that early start to the day seemed even worse; naturally as we head toward fall it keeps taking longer to get light out.  Busy Bees aren't meeting today, so my plans are to take Brownie for a (long overdue) nail trim this morning before I fade - unless we get heavy rain, courtesy of Nora, which is a possibility.  Yesterday afternoon's precipitation wasn't too heavy, but I don't want to have to dodge a downpour in the parking lot (especially since I only have one umbrella... <g>) 

No comments:

Post a Comment