Thursday, September 9, 2021

 Alex is working in California this week, so during dinner last night when I huge water movement in the pool, I was afraid that Pokey had fallen in.  I'd forgotten that Pauley was going to be staying at the back house, and he was just going for a swim.


Later in the evening I was watching the Rachel Maddow Show, and she mentioned a documentary that I switched over to.  Unfortunately I missed the beginning, but I caught much of it, and it was very moving! It airs again on 9/11, and I will be taping it so I can watch the entire film. Highly recommend it!

In the wake of 9/11, hundreds of people recorded their stories. 20 years later, these same voices return.

Memory Box 9/11


This morning I used my "new" garden clippers (Will was at quilting yesterday with his mobile knife/scissor sharpening equipment) to trim back several of the oleanders in the jungle, and also pulled (at least) a zillion of the lantana 'sprouts' that are virtually taking over the back yard.  Even though many were quite large, the ground was still damp from Tuesday irrigation and they ALL pulled out with their roots intact.


It was a good session at PT today (the humidity is trying to drop, and thus my foot is 'thinking' about doing better) though I'm still struggling with the step downs.  At the end Nicole worked on my foot,  when she found a very tender knot on the bottom (of which I was totally unaware until she "showed" me.)  So in addition to massage she did some cupping, and then we applied heat. 

  Cupping therapy is an ancient form of alternative medicine in which a therapist puts special cups on your skin for a few minutes to create suction. People get it for many purposes, including to help with pain, inflammation, blood flow, relaxation and well-being, and as a type of deep-tissue massage.


This afternoon is reserved for sewing. Since all I have left to do on both baby quilts is to add borders I expect to finish at least one of them today.


No comments:

Post a Comment