Wednesday, September 8, 2021

It was a lovely birthday lunch at Claim Jumper on Monday with Wanda, Perri, and Marcie.  It's an upbeat group, though I realized we seem to have more than our share of maladies - my foot being the least of them! 


Of course <g> I ate too much, even though I brought home a substantial container of leftovers (which Tom enjoyed when I got back) so even by dinner time was barely hungry!   

 

Tom finished the puzzle (!) during my absence.  It is nice to have the table back again.



Tuesday, before heading to the gym, I finally got Lily's birthday package mailed.  Usually I would have mailed it the end of August, but this year I'd waited because she was out of town for a month and not flying home until yesterday. (I wasn't sure what would happen with regard to mail delivery during her absence now that roommates had recently moved out.) 



 "Somehow" I didn't get around to mailing it on Friday <g> and then Saturday the mailbox place, usually open on Saturdays, was closed for the holiday weekend when I popped over there - and of course for the same reason it was also closed on Monday.  Turns out that even things "mailed" there on Friday hadn't gotten picked up yet, so I was able to stop beating myself up over my procrastination.




Because there hadn't been a line (which I had anticipated) I ended up getting to the gym early, and logged more than 20 minutes on the bike.  



But it turns out I was really early; Tuesdays my session is at 11:30, not 10:30 (that's on Friday.)  However Jim's 10:30 was a no-show so it all worked out.




Afterward I popped over to Winco, basically next door, and picked up fruit (strawberries, honeydew melon, and grapes) for Foothills today since Jo and I are this month's hostesses, and grabbed some chocolate-covered pretzels also.  As long as I was at the store I picked up a few other things, including a huge roast that Tom will crock today, and from  the deli counter some of the ceviche salad I love.  Guess what I scarfed down for lunch when I got home?  


And then guess what I had for dessert. (Wanda needn't have worried that her batch of brownies wasn't up to snuff - I'm finding them delicious!)


Irrigation went well yesterday, though it's an on-going concern that the neighbors up-ditch will screw up yet again, given their miserable track record.  TA full complement of water was a very good thing because we are having near-record high temps these days.


Now time to get ready to head to quilting.  Lots to bring with me today since it's the annual sale (I "might" bring home more than I'm taking) and the knife sharpener will be there with his traveling workshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment