Saturday, January 9, 2021

The swelling has gone down noticeably on my foot, though it's still not a very pretty picture.  The bruising goes all the way through to the sole of my foot, and my toes are greenish-purple sausages. 

Alex was supposed to be on a conference call yesterday during the time we were driving to the chiropractor, but for "some reason" (even though HE had set it up) he couldn't get on despite numerous tries.  At least until we arrived at our destination and I got out of the car - then it worked fine and he joined the call.  Just another weird example of how technology doesn't want to work around me!


I was in there a long time - first they took me a half hour late (quite unusual) and then he spent a lot of time with me, and looked at my x-rays and foot.  After adjusting my neck/hips he did a ten-minute low-level laser treatment to help the bone heal faster.  Couldn't hurt, right?  Research from home seemed to indicate that while not everyone agrees LLLT can be effective, there are no negative side-effects so it seemed worth a try.  

This, from NIH:

Low-level laser therapy (LLLT) is a biophysical form of intervention in the fracture-repair process, which, through several mechanisms, accelerates the healing of fractures and enhances callus formation. The effect of laser on fracture healing is controversial. Some authors affirm that LLLT can accelerate bone formation by increasing osteoblastic activity.  

[study]

The result of the study showed that the use of laser could enhance callus development in the early stage of the healing process, with doubtful improvement in biomechanical properties of the healing bone; therefore, laser therapy may be recommended as an additional treatment in non-union fractures in humans.

Now it's just a matter of time, staying off of it for the next few weeks.



Afterward Alex and I lunched at Jersey Mike's (was weird to be inside a restaurant) and then on the way home we stopped at JoAnn's.  I waited in the car while he went in (to get the stabilizer backing for Melodie to embroider the book titles) which took him a while in line at the cutting table.  I didn't have a book to read, but did have my iPad and played games so I was okay.


I took a bit of a nap in the afternoon. When I awoke a pile of packages from Sandy & Andy had arrived, just as she'd said to expect delivery on Friday. Not sure how many they sent so I can't be sure everything made it, though it does look as if all the quilts (the crucial items in that shipment!) could be enclosed. I'll unpack the boxes today and decide which ones to hang (certainly the family reading quilt) and which ones will end up as snugglers on the couch (probably Dad's t-shirt quilt.).


Mary is coming by this afternoon to take Brownie for a walk, which will make him happy (even though I won't be joining them.)


At some point Alex is going to give him a bath, which is less likely to make him happy, so he can take Brownie's photos for the My Pooch Face artwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment