Tuesday, January 5, 2021

 Tree crew was here all day yesterday - they'd arrived at first light, and it was around 5:30 when they pulled out - but still didn't quite finish, so they'll be back in two weeks to do that.  I made it out a couple of times yesterday, and liked what I saw.  Paul even raked up all the leaves, saving Tom and Alex a lot of work - though of course more leaves will fall before the trees are finished.  


It felt wonderful to be able to shower this morning.  


Though it's a tad cramped in there with the shower seat, at least I had plenty of support for when I needed to stand.  (There's actually a 4th bar on the back end of the tub, out of view.)


After my shower I put on the boot (had only taken off yesterday's splint right before the shower) and discovered that because of the way the front is made it's not very comfortable resting on the scooter.  Tried various things, and some work better than others.


Mary came over to take Brownie on a walk.  He was thrilled to see her - and then sat by the front door, obviously ready to get going. 


Brownie did get to ride along when Tom chauffeured me to the library this morning for the two books which had come in.  We'd discovered yesterday that the scooter is not load-into-the-car friendly, so today I left it in the garage. I did bring along the crutches "just in case", but luckily there was no unforeseen circumstance that necessitated getting out of the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment