Monday, January 25, 2021

Rainy days were made for reading!


And while I have been getting a lot done in that department lately...



Sue called about irrigation yesterday.  While I'd assumed my difficulty accessing the website was due (as is 'often' the case...) to my ineptitude, it turns out that the issue is at their end - and they are trying to fix it.  In the meantime she sent me a cheater password, which worked.  



Since Sue was still working up the schedule she gave us the option of cancelling for this cycle, which we did.  (And yes, it is raining again this morning.)  Once I saw where we would have landed on the schedule, I was glad; if we hadn't opted out Tom would have had to schlep up to 35th Ave. to do the gates around 3:30 in the 'morning' on Thursday.



I was happy to finish off the last of a (large) batch of chocolate goodies on Saturday.  In the beginning I'd managed to keep to just one a day, but admit that as time wore on I wasn't quite as disciplined because they were just so tempting each time I 'walked' by.  



And then yesterday Tom baked up a (huge!) batch of Wanda's cookies.



Not all dog-shaming signs relate to something that is truly the dog's fault, 
like the one for today.  



At least Brownie, with his smooth coat, never needs a haircut.  However he is overdue for a nail trim, as I am reminded when I hear his nails clicking on the tile.  Maybe Alex will take him for one this week when he gets home from snowboarding in Utah - or try this method?



Tomorrow marks 4 weeks since I broke my foot, and today I return to the podiatrist to find out what's next for my recovery.  



I'm still experiencing considerable pain from any type of touch on the top of my foot, along with substantial swelling there, as well as bruising on the sole.  It's definitely not a happy foot yet.


 
On the plus side, I have gotten quite proficient at maneuvering the scooter!



And while (naturally) I'd be thrilled to speed up the healing process, 
the most important goal is to effect a FULL recovery!

No comments:

Post a Comment