Friday, January 1, 2021

 Mary's animals quilted up beautifully, and (as I predicted she would be) was extremely pleased with the results.  She'd given Monica carte blanche with regard to the pattern (the one Monica selected  incorporated bees, flowers, and butterflies) and thread color (though Mary did stipulate "no neon", Marcie) which meant she had no idea what to expect.


Mary really is beyond thrilled, despite the unfortunate second in time that my camera captured here.  Sadly my photo is missing a whole bunch of the cute critters.  On the plus side, I did get part of my knee.


Her daughter Susan, a veterinarian, called "dibs" on the quilt during construction.  Mary isn't sure if her clinic has a wall available (or large enough) to accommodate it, so it may just have to go live at her house.


Mary was amazed at Monica's price.  


Given the size of the quilt she expected the bill to be considerable, but the cost turned out to be just 1/3 of her guesstimate.




Now she and Brownie are off on their walk around the neighborhood.  I'm curious to hear how Brownie reacted when he realized I wasn't tagging along.  



One I get a real cast on Monday, I hope to be able to scooter around the neighborhood with him.  We shall see...




No comments:

Post a Comment