Friday, January 1, 2021

Condolence cards continue to arrive in the mail.


When the doorbell rang yesterday afternoon I thought maybe it was a package, and it sort-of was.  Ellen had come over to deliver this sweet heart quilt from the Foothills ladies.


Yesterday I got around to ordering a 2021 wall calendar (I hadn't received one as a gift this year) and though I selected the new option (of course!) oddly enough there were actually some "used" ones available (?!)   Even stranger,  those were priced twice as much as the new ones. 


After dinner last night I transferred to the couch and watched Rain Man instead of remaining at the kitchen table to keep alive the tradition of working on a jigsaw puzzle; my foot is just not happy in that hanging down position.  



One of the songs that played in the background of the movie was Dem Bones, which had no relation to the movie but which I mentioned here yesterday.


I did manage <g> to keep alive my nibble-on-chocolate-chips New Year's Eve tradition -  and which (surprisingly) did not keep me from going to sleep at 10:00.


And while I did make a bathroom "roll" during the night, I then 'slept in' <g> until 5:30 this morning.  (Better than 4:30, right?)  FYI Yesterday Tom slept in until 10:30, and since he's still asleep today I have no idea if he made it until midnight to kick 2020 to the curb and make sure it left!


Sadly there's still plenty of hateful news showing up on this first day of the new year, when of course we are all hoping for a much better year ahead!

Conspiracy theories that blame Jews for the coronavirus pandemic head the top 10 list of anti-Semitic incidents in 2020.  The human rights organization Simon Wiesenthal Center (SWC) this week announced its annual Top Ten Worst Global Anti-Semitic Incidents for 2020, with the top offenders focused on “the weaponizing of the COVID-19 pandemic against Jews.”  One social media had an image titled “Holocough”: “If you have the bug, give a hug. Spread the flu to every Jew.”

My fervent wish for this year?


The most exciting thing on my agenda today will be getting to see the finished quilt Mary picked up from Monica yesterday when she arrives to take Brownie on a walk today.  This was Mary's first time using Monica (at my suggestion since Cindy remains out of commission due to her multiple surgeries in 2020.)  I fully expect Monica did her usual artful job with the quilting on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment