Wednesday, January 27, 2021

I got a little better at walking yesterday (translation: used counters and walls to aid in taking weight off of my foot when walking from "here to there", and also figured out that it helped to put the brunt of weight on my heel.)  This YouTube clip was also helpful:

weight bearing tips

I'm still using the scooter for midnight bathroom trips, and to head into the kitchen to start my day in the morning. While I haven't yet tried walking today, I am about to head back to the bedroom to get dressed in the boot.  Naturally I'm hoping for improvement (as in less pain) over yesterday, because 


I did try to drive yesterday - thought a run to Walmart (less than a mile from the house, and virtually all on residential streets) would provide a good test.  It turned out to be an incredibly abbreviated test since I never made it out of the driveway; just braking backing out of the garage into the driveway told me all I needed to know, and meant that driving is still NOT back in my skill set. Sigh... 


Because it is definitely not be worth the risk if I would need to step on the brake going any faster than coasting out of the garage!!!  FYI I would have been at this very same intersection: 

This morning [Jan 26] at approximately 5:35 AM I was walking my dogs and was hit by a lifted red Chevy truck with very tinted windows. The truck was pulling out from Wescott Drive onto 43rd Ave. My dogs and I were heading north down 43rd Ave and as we approached Wescott drive we saw the truck sitting waiting to turn onto 43rd Ave. He didn’t go so I was assuming he was waiting for me to cross so my dogs and I started to cross the street. I’m sure the person was on their phone and obviously wasn’t paying attention, but they decided to go when my dogs and I were literally right in front of the truck. The truck knocked me down and was so close to running over one of my dogs but thankfully I let for of their leashes so they were able to jump away from the truck. I wasn’t able to get a license number because it just all happened so fast and they took off right after they hit me. I called 911 and made a police report. Just want everyone to be careful out there. I’m going to be sore but thankfully we are all ok. Just can’t believe someone could hit a person and not even ask if they are ok. ðŸ˜• There are some very crappy people out there. Everyone stay safe out there!

Tom picked up my RX later yesterday when he ran some errands (we'd tried to do that on the way home from the doc on Monday, but unfortunately the drive-through was closed for lunch during that half hour) including one to the post office.  So Emily should have her Bana earrings soon, and now I need to pack up Bana's remaining earrings for Bekkah. 


 

Alex has offered to take Brownie in for his nail trim this week, and I'm thinking that we should tack on a bath "as long as he's in the neighborhood."  Still waiting for a clean pooch so Alex can take Brownie's official portrait for my artwork gift.  

This dog pic that floated across FB yesterday reminds me of a wet Brownie!

No comments:

Post a Comment