Sunday, January 17, 2021

Brownie, though apparently disappointed that I (again) was not joining him when Mary came to walk yesterday, reportedly was quite happy to be once again traversing the path along the wash.  Of course he has no idea how disappointed I've been that I can't tag along on walks with them for the time being.



Spoke with Andy today (Marilyn remains a bit out of the loop since Don is still in the hospital, post op) and I wish there was something more I could do to ease the burden he and Sandy are shouldering.  It doesn't sound like Riderwood is being all that helpful - though like everyone else during the pandemic it's also possible that they just may be overwhelmed.



Spent the morning immersed in The Alice Network, which I did finish - and highly recommend. I now  plan to read some of the other books listed regarding those heroic women.  This was the first I'd learned of them (or the Alice Network for that matter), and I'm "reasonably sure" there are an incredible number courageous women who never got any well-deserved recognition.




Now I'm about to begin another Hold book that finally became available to me, The Lady in the Lake, though as an e-book it presented me with the usual problems accessing it.  It shouldn't be that hard, right?  


If only <sigh> it was as easy as plugging something in!



Alex brought in the motion camera for me to check what we captured, which was mostly cats. This one sure looks guilty of something.


Here it is, sniffing out the carrots before heading elsewhere:


Mostly there were birds, some of which also made it a point to investigate the carrots.



Finally here's Pokey cruising the backyard, 
taken before Alex had moved the camera to the Back 40.

No comments:

Post a Comment