Monday, June 4, 2018

Yes I was tired last night when I was writing that post.  I included the card about it being her first (!) quilt.... and then spaced out my pic of the quilt.  Let's try that again!

"This is my first quilt."  Most people have the 'good sense' <g> to start with a smaller project, which increases the odds of actually finishing....but not Michele!





One of these days I'm going to turn one of the photos I took, during a 2012 trip to Antelope Canyon, into a quilt.  My problem is that I haven't been able to select a favorite shot, because you just can't shoot a "bad" picture one there!



I liked the effect of this zig -zag quilt, based on the X-Y pattern... but sure could not figure out the actual block.  Will do some sleuthing and see if I can find the pattern.




Cute little birdhouse wall-hanging - and I like her border.



Detail of a 3D quetzal in a quilt:



These next few owl quilts are especially for Mary.







The picture does not do her quilt justice!






A few other bird quilts: 




Looking out the Attic Windows at all the pretty birds.






Always fun to discover the stories behind the quilts,
like the one about this goldfish.







This dog quilt caught my eye from across the room,
and then I read the heartwarming story.









I have a HUGE box of miscellaneous-sized strips
just waiting to come together for my bouillabaisse quilt!




Some quilts just make you smile!


We are just four hot tub queens
Soaking away our aches and pains
Keep that water deep and wide
To cover what the suit won't hide 


The book in her bag says FAT...



There were a number of these "chopped" quilts,
where each of five quilters worked a section.  







Simple landscapes - yet so well done.




Mucking out my fabric cabinets last week I came across LOTS of "panels" that would be perfect for a setting like this.  And the quilts would practically put themselves together!




This animal quilt needed (among other things) more quilting - but I did snap these three individual blocks for someone.  She knows who she is!









I always find myself looking for new border ideas; here's one!





I noticed this quilt when I came around the corner, and pointed out the "happy flowers" to Marcie.  And guess what the quilt turned out to be called...





I need to try to make a dent in my scraps sooner rather than later -
so may be moving this quilt to the top of The List!









Incredible amount of work went into this child-sized jacket, 
so hope it gets lots of hand-me-down use!







Sunbonnet Sue quilts always remind me of Linda!




This was a Mystery Quilt class, and wish I'd taken a group picture of the half-dozen finished projects.  All had the same basic white/black grid with the 7x7 scrap square in the middle.  However each quilt had different choices appliqued on top.  Took these dragonflies for Patti.







She found this boring to work on, and set it aside several times. 
But the final result sure turned out pretty.




Black/White with Color Challenge:




This quilt of the ME, TOO movement was overwhelming. 
Wish I'd taken a bunch of close-ups!



We didn't stay for the auction, but these are 3 I might have bid on:





We lunched at Augie's (where Marcie agreed I'd made a good choice) and we were just finishing up our meal when Colleen, Gena, Maureen, Stephanie, & Ruth showed up to eat.  We all left the show at the same time, but they'd wanted to hit one of the quilt shops first before it closed at 2:00. 


There are more pix, but I think I've given the show a fair shake.
Hope everyone enjoyed the trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment