Tuesday, June 5, 2018

We were scheduled to have the septic tanks pumped yesterday, but the time frame I had been given was an arrival time somewhere between noon and 2:00.  So it was somewhat surprising when Juan appeared at 8:00.  Of course I'd been up for hours, so it was no real issue.  He ended up having to spend a couple of hours digging by the back house, so it was better for him to do that in the morning while it was "cool".....


Don't know what the actual temperature was then, but we did hit the hot mark (110) yesterday afternoon for the first time this season, and Juan definitely worked up quite a sweat digging the two holes.  The bill for the digging and pumping was fairly hefty - and there will be another one when they come back later this week to install risers to make it easier for the next pumping.  At least this didn't happen....



I called my opthamologist's office to see about getting an appointment to have my eyes checked, and then get a new Rx for glasses.  Not too surprising to hear that my doc (and all the others) are totally booked through mid-summer.  I did make an appointment for September for a full exam, but in the meantime will get my vision checked at one of the eyeglass places so I can order a pair of cheapie glasses to make it through the summer.  My current glasses are from 2015, so it's no real surprise that my back-up pair, from the exam some years prior to that, is out of date.  I'm having to strain to read with them, and that's not pleasant!



Yesterday I got out the panel to make Bailey's birthday quilt.  She actually turned one a couple of weeks ago, but hopefully this project will work up quickly and it won't be too late.  In any event I'm pretty sure she won't care about the woobie missing her big day!



I had no trouble finding some happy heart fabric in my stash for the backing, and a leftover piece of batting to make up the sandwich.  Was all set to get started quilting when just in time I remembered I needed to switch to a walking foot.  Earlier in the day I'd already cleaned out the giant dust bunnies from the machine, a somewhat overdue chore.



I had a couple of hours to work on it this morning before heading to the gym, and am making progress.  It's definitely labor-intensive to echo quilt around all the words and pictures - but the end effect will be much better than a quickie E2E pattern.



Don't have a whole lot of time before I need to head out for my eye exam - but will see what I can get accomplished in 30 minutes.  As Dad always liked to say:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment