Friday, June 29, 2018

 Before I arrived at the hot springs yesterday (where I don't get cellphone reception) I spoke with my brother and got the results of Mom's visit with the cardiologist that morning.  Turns out that the doctor doesn't think her breathing issues are related to any heart issues, so now she's scheduled to see a pulmonologist in a month.  Maybe she just needs a little extra oxygen?  The good news is that the cardiologist doesn't feel that her valve issue requires surgery.



     I arrived at the hot springs at noon yesterday.  Spent the afternoon at the house visiting with Terry, and am very happy to report that Neil has not declined as much as I had expected and feared.  A replacement curtain rod arrived that afternoon, and Terry and I managed to get it installed and the curtains up on that west-facing bedroom window right before Keta and Brian (Neil's sister and BIL) arrived. That will really help keep that room from getting so hot.  I'm in the cool basement until they leave in a few days, and am the only one not "complaining" about how hot it is at night.  It's also quiet down there, so I didn't hear the nearby dog barking last night - though Steve said it kept him up all night.



Terry whipped up a great dinner last night (grilled steaks, corn-on-the-cob, a yummy green bean salad, and baked-from-scratch peach cobbler) to start off our visit.



This morning I got in my first soak.  Check out the crab (Townes, who will be 2 in August) and pirate (4yo Sutton) floaties at the party pool.



 


I'd put on lots of sunscreen before heading up there, but still decided that an hour was enough time in the sun and water at that altitude.  Happily I didn't get pink at all.  I did, however, leave my water bottle up there (which I realized as soon as I got back down to the house) so I had to hike back up.  Definitely feeling the (almost) 9,000 ft altitude.

Keta and Terry went into town for lunch today, and while I was invited to join them I opted to stay back at the house and help Steve with Neil.  I did have time to work on Maggie's bib, and now that is virtually finished.  Hope she likes it. <g>



The ladies were late getting back because the road was closed at Poncha Pass for about 45 minutes due to an RV on fire.  


Brian, who had chosen to go fishing instead of joining them for lunch, got a flat tire in the middle of nowhere and had an adventure of his own.



Another delicious dinner (Terry sure feeds everyone well!) of grilled salmon, dill potatoes, and an incredible kale salad - with baked-from-scratch oatmeal raisin cookies for dessert.



Tired - probably because I stayed up late last night reading.
Will crash earlier tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment