Sunday, June 10, 2018

We had lots of fun at the Flying Pig Sewcial yesterday, where ten of us sewed and visited (heard a great dating story) and ate (my deviled eggs were their usual success.)



Mary was binding the owl panel quilt, 
and Marcie was working on another optical illusion quilt for Silas.

 



I spent my time busily binding the t-shirt quilt, and actually made quite a bit of progress before my back started kvetching (even though I had brought along my reclining chair) and I just got too hot (with all that bulk on my lap) and had to set it aside.  


Mary was "racing" me <g> but it didn't really seem quite a fair contest 
given the considerable disparity in the sizes of our projects!



We took a break at one point for the pig races.  My pig didn't run very fast at all, but it turned out that in both games none of the pigs could catch that cute pink beaded one.



We had our usual fun playing LRC at the end of the evening.  I had brought 3 fat quarters in coordinated sewing fabrics that Cindy knew Denise would absolutely love.  Sure enough, the minute Denise saw them she started drooling. 


I offered to trade her for 3 "generic" FQs to play with, and so she went home a very happy camper.  And, of course, so did I after I won the game.



This morning I'm thinking about doing some more yardwork to fill up the cans before they get picked up tomorrow.  It's probably still under 100 this early in the morning.  



Of course I never do actually get finished with the yardwork.... 
it's definitely an uphill battle!

No comments:

Post a Comment