Thursday, June 14, 2018

Brought the four bags of fabric to Foothills yesterday, and as expected much of it found new homes.  Helen asked if she could have what was left for Charity, which was fine with me.  That meant so I didn't have to schlep the homeless fabric back home and try again next week at Busy Bees.  


During the meeting I worked on binding Bailey's quilt (and almost finished that up at home later in the afternoon), and both it and the t-shirt quilt got the ladies' approval during Show & Tell.  



Alex called yesterday; he'll be arriving home tomorrow afternoon, and asked if I could pick him up at Paulie's.  Of course.  



And he's promised my long-awaited sushi dinner at Tokyo Lobby for that night. 



He's been having a great time on this job, at mountain biking and dirt biking events.  The guys finished and packed up yesterday, and today are going to do some riding of their own.

in Vermont



in New Hampshire




Wanda needs some backing fabric for a project and invited me to join her in that search (and for lunch?) but of course I can't on Friday.  So she moved the trip to Saturday - which works for me!  Now that I've mucked out my fabric cabinets (and gotten rid of a fair amount of stuff) I do plan to be good at the fabric store...



Hadn't heard back from Tami since I got home from Maryland (had phoned and sent an e-mail) so was getting a little worried.  Then I had a dream about her Monday night, so sent another more "urgent" message Tuesday.  She did text back Wednesday morning , but was heading out the door and said she'd call last night.  Unfortunately she wasn't feeling well by then so we put it off until tonight.  I am a little concerned and hope there isn't anything going on at her end!



Last night Tom and I started watching Loving Vincent.  He hadn't sounded too enthused when I told him what it was about, but he agreed to start it - with the proviso that he might not watch the whole movie.  So it was somewhat surprising that when I got too tired to concentrate (and my eyes kept wanting to close) at 8:30 and opted to finish the movie today, he kept watching!  The artwork, hand-painted by a staff of 100, was impressive, and perfect for the movie.



Last night I dreamed about the hot springs, 
where everyone was enjoying a delightful concert at the Party Pool.



The property looks spiffy since Tom mowed everything yesterday morning, and nice and green since our last irrigation.  Once he's awake (I've been up since 4:30 again) I can do some more raking in the used-to-be-jungle for a finishing touch out there.  I'm hoping that the orchid tree is finally nearing the end of shedding its sharp leaves/pods.



This afternoon there's a snake/reptile program (for kids) at the library  and I thought I'd pop over to return some books then and stay for the fun.  It didn't say who was doing the program, but there's always the chance it's the Reptile Rescue where Mouser went, and he'll be hanging out at the library this afternoon!


No comments:

Post a Comment