Sunday, June 24, 2018

MOON - not sun! -in Starry Night. DUH <g>  Shortly into my drive to Prescott yesterday it dawned on me that I'd made a mistake in my quickie last post, but of course there wasn't anything I could do about it then.  Hope everyone got a chuckle out of my brain fart.  



When it's already over 100 in the morning I guess we all have "sun" on the brain.  This woman certainly does, in this Mr. Sol painting of Robin's.



Enjoyed my day in Prescott yesterday with Tami.  The music was wonderful, of course, and there was a delightful breeze.  It was warm - but much of the day we managed to find some shade, though I lost track of how many times we had to move our chairs to accomplish that.  I worked on Maggie's name bib (a woman sitting near to me really gushed over it) and should have this birthday gift finished in plenty of time to get it to its destination in time for the Big Day, August 1.



We left at 4:00, and made a stop in Prescott Valley at Quilt & Sew because I wanted to pick up their Row By Row pattern.  Unfortunately they close at 4:00 on Saturdays. 



Traffic was heavy heading back into Phoenix, with the usual assortment of idiot drivers.  But a group driving Chargers, tail-gating and weaving in and out at speeds well over 100 (because traffic was crawling, at 'only' 80 mph) made things extremely stressful.



The guys had finally made it back, but only beat us home by a couple of hours.  Flying standby, they had not made it onto the early flight. Alex had been able to catch some sleep at the airport, but Tom was up all night. At least they were at the top of the stand-by list for the late-morning flight, though there was only one seat available.  Alex graciously gave that spot to Tom (who was "grumpy") though at the last minute Alex also boarded the plane.  Alex has flown a zillion times for his job, and admitted this was definitely his worst experience.  (On the plus side, their plane didn't crash in the bad weather.)



Both, however, gushed about their wonderful time in Bimini, and today (once they've had some sleep) I can hear more details about it.



I woke up at 4:40 this morning.... when Tom's phone alarm went off.   Obviously he had left it activated yesterday morning after it went off, so I need to give him a tutorial on that today!  Turns out that it had also gone off at 4:20, and then 4:30 - when Tami heard it.


She went back to sleep; I wasn't so lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment