Saturday, June 23, 2018

Should have made it clear on yesterday's entry that the bruised leg pic was one I borrowed from the internet, and not actually Mom's.  Sorry, Marcie (and anyone else I scared!)




On my way home from the gym yesterday I stopped to pick up my prescriptions, but there were only three ready and waiting for me; I was told that the Lunesta refill had been declined.  


Naturally somewhat distressed at the prospect of a sleepless summer, I called the doctor's office to see why.  It turns out that because it's a 'controlled substance' an order needed to be faxed over to the pharmacy instead of called in (and you'd think they would know that?)  In any event it should be ready and waiting for me now.



Tyga sure gave me a scare yesterday afternoon!  


I had let him out into the backyard (still mostly underwater, and of course muddy around the edges) when he "needed" to go chase some birds and bark at Pokey.  He's easy enough to rinse off on the top step of the pool, especially crucial now that the floors are nice and clean as of yesterday.  When he hadn't scratched to be let in after his usual amount of time, I went out to look for him - and he was gone!


Naturally I headed out to go look for him - 
and guess who I found sitting right outside the front door?


No idea how he got out (all gates were firmly latched) or why, after two weeks at Dodge Doggy Daycare, he decided to leave the yard.  


But happily



Tom and Alex had a bit of a snafu with regard to yesterday's flight home.  Bad weather diverted their flight, and they had to make an unscheduled landing in Miami.  By the time they did make it to Fort Lauderdale they had missed their connecting flight.  The next available flight wasn't until this morning (5:45?) so they planned to sleep at the airport with hopes of making that one.  I'm guessing they didn't call/text this morning because of the time difference, but assume they will make it home some time today.



Other than that it sounds like they had a great trip - and of course it was definitely better to have had the flight issue on the way home instead of on the way there!



Looking forward to hearing all about their Bimini fun 
after I get home from Prescott later today.




Now it's time to put dinner in the crock pot and then shower.  I'd like to head out a little early in order to drop off the Netflix at the post office.  It's a bit of a tight schedule, but sure would be wonderful if the final disk of The Handmaid's Tale arrives here by Tuesday!  


And (since it's not really out of the way) I can also swing by the library and return books.

No comments:

Post a Comment