Saturday, June 30, 2018

First thing this morning Terry needed to refill one of the hummer feeders, so while it was down I tried hand feeding them under the spot where it usually hangs.  With their “flower” gone, they definitely did not waste any time swarming me.  Several landed on my hand, and at one point two had their beaks in the tiny feeder hole at the same time. It was quite a trip to feel their tiny feet on me, and be so close to them!  Terry snapped some pix through the kitchen window so I have 'proof'.






When I arrived on Thursday, Terry had pointed out the robin’s nest about 20 feet up in the tree right outside the pink bedroom upstairs. One of parents was on the far side of the nest, making it easy to spot the orange belly. Two little heads were peeking up over the edge of the nest, with their yellow beaks wide open in the classic “feed me” pose. I did not have my camera with me, and still have not been able to catch them like that again. I'll keep trying until they fledge (possibly within the week), but in the meantime:



Laptop has been incredibly sluggish today, and at one point just quit working altogether (even though it was fully charged.)  With Terry's help it's been coaxed back to life - but is still running VERRRRY slowly!



In better news, I'm all done!


MAGGIE is Somebunny Special  



No comments:

Post a Comment