Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Did an upper-body workout at the gym yesterday, 
and this morning I am definitely feeling the after-effects!  



Only a couple more sessions before I am scheduled to take off and veg at the hot springs indefinitely... so of course I'll expect serious "repercussions" when I return to Arizona and start back up after that hiatus! 



However now I may be adjusting my summer plans.  



Turns out I was right to be worried about Mom's heart.  


Yesterday I found out that her echocardiogram showed "deterioration of her mitral valve", though we won't know what the plans to address that issue will be until she sees the cardiologist on the 28th (when I originally had planned to arrive in Colorado.)  IF surgery is indicated, I'd like to be in Maryland when it's scheduled.



Mitral valve repair is a cardiac surgery procedure to treat stenosis (narrowing) or regurgitation (leakage) of the mitral valve. The mitral valve is the "inflow valve" for the left side of the heartBlood flows from the lungs, where it picks up oxygen, through the pulmonary veins, to the left atrium of the heart. After the left atrium fills with blood, the mitral valve allows blood to flow from the left atrium into the heart's main pumping chamber called the left ventricle. It then closes to keep blood from leaking back into the left atrium or lungs when the ventricle contracts to push blood out to the body. 

My mood was not improved when I got another phone call yesterday 
that depressed me for the rest of the evening.



On the plus side, it was a lovely birthday lunch with Wanda yesterday afternoon!  No cake or candles.... but pretty sure she liked the gift card to 35th Ave. we gave her.   



All the bread and pasta carbs filled me up so much that I didn't even want dinner later (my leftovers are still in the frig waiting for me), and just had a small snack in the evening before I took Tyga out for his evening constitutional.



Off to Busy Bees shortly, where the t-shirt quilt will get another 15 seconds of fame.  Yesterday afternoon I affixed the label, so now it's 'officially' totally finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment