Wednesday, June 20, 2018

I got to Busy Bees 15 minutes late this morning.  Not only did I miss all the committee reports (which is no biggie <g>) but also many of the possible Christmas in July projects (ideas for gifts to make for the holiday season.)  Did find Ada's umbrella make-over intriguing.  She got 99 cent umbrellas from the Dollar Store, took off the plastic clips so she could easily remove their fabric, cut one of the triangles to make a pattern, and then after serging and then sewing the 8 'panels' of bright quilting cotton together slipped the new covering back and reclipped - and voila, a happy parasol or sunshade.   



Even though I was somewhat lost during her explanation I certainly was not about to ask her any questions...I don't need any more snippiness!




Joyce had the Cool Corners border pattern I had ordered, 
and I'm look forward to using it.  



She was also selling the One-Block Wonders Cubed book she picked up at the recent quilt show in Prescott - because when she got home she discovered she already owned it.  (Glad that's "never" happened to me.... LOL)  



The quilts look right up Marcie's alley, so it will make a nice gift (I'm invited to dinner tonight) unless of course she also already owns it.




Always happy to participate in Show & Tell, today with Bailey's birthday quilt (so that can be wrapped and taken to the post office this afternoon) and the t-shirt quilt.  



We all appreciated this quilt of Sandy's, made from fat quarters.  Now we just need the cutting directions for the three different-sized pieces (which then end up in three different blocks.)  How nice that it uses only fat quarters, and (unlike so many "fat quarter quilts") does not also require additional yardage of another fabric for sashing, borders, etc.!



I also like this simple pattern - and now that I've got my companion fabrics organized I see a number of quick quilts like these, for charity, in my future!

Monica's

Peggy's


Another quick and easy quilt we all liked was this one of Doris's - 
very effective, and <bonus!> made just from scraps.



Every time I see a wall-hanging like this one of Carol's it makes me smile.



Sharon captured a panel off the table one day, 
and her resulting quilt turned out adorable.


The quote along the bottom says, "One lovely day... Little Red Riding Hood and her harmless Wolfie friend went skipping through the forest to Grandmother's cottage."




Vicki gave a demo on using the Quick Curve Ruler.



The projects are lovely - 



though I quickly lost count of the number of things she mentioned during the process that made it crystal clear to me that I won't be using it!



I will, however, use this handy tip from Donna: wrap binding onto an empty paper towel roll, and then use your paper towel holder when attaching binding.   That should make working on a large quilt's looong binding a whole lot easier next time!!!



Chatted with Pennie during the break.  She mentioned that a friend or family member (not sure which) owns Balland's Tortoise Ranch in Buckeye, and every time they post something on FB she thinks of me (and Pokey.)  

No comments:

Post a Comment