Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Woke up early, finished packing, and was on the road by 7:00.  All lanes of I-17 were open, but the fire crews were still working at the site of the brush fire (about 15 miles south of Camp Verde) where things were still smoldering.  It was right by a runaway truck ramp, so my thinking was that maybe a semi had sparked the blaze.   But according to a news report on the radio a few minutes later, they're thinking it was caused by a tossed cigarette (idiot!) or a dragging chain (ditto.)



Shortly before I got to Flagstaff I experienced eye floaters.  That had also happened yesterday (for the first time in a LONG time) when the sugar cure did the trick in just a couple of minutes.  I did have one sugar packet in my car (and it was easily findable since I mucked out the console yesterday) so I was able to get rid of that annoyance in short order.  I fueled up with breakfast in Flagstaff, but there were no sugar packets on the table, just a cannister, so unfortunately I was unable to replenish my stash.



Picked up the Sew Musical Row-by-Row pattern at the quilt store in Cortez, and then made it to Durango in time to stop at the two quilt stores there before they closed to pick up their patterns.



Continued on to Pagosa Springs, where I have landed for the night 
with about 500 miles under my belt today.




 Traffic wasn't bad on today's drive.  While there are always some idiots on the road, happily the worst of the lot seemed to be elsewhere today.  





No comments:

Post a Comment