Thursday, June 21, 2018

Had a nice long chat with Patti yesterday.  Her summer break from school (which ends when she has to be back in the office mid-July!) is of course moving along way too quickly.  We had hoped to squeeze in another movie date before I leave for Colorado, but it's not looking like that will happen.



Dinner with Marcie and Mike last night was delicious, plus she insisted on sending me home with the leftover smoked chicken for my dining enjoyment tonight. I'm being well taken care of.



We had pigged out on some tasty shishito peppers she sauteed for appetizers.. but no leftovers there! 



  Tyga enjoyed his second visit there.  Latina only seemed to mind his presence in her domain when he drank some water - and not even from her bowl , but from a "new" one.  She was definitely wound up last evening, zooming around (wish we had some of that energy!) while "old man" Tyga simply looked on dispassionately.  



Latina will turn 1 on Monday, though none of us are expecting any dramatic changes in her behavior when she officially leaves her puppyhood.  



Marcie loved the quilt book, 
finding quilts on almost every page as possible 'listees'!



The panel and companion fabrics she ordered (for the quilt she's going to make for Mom) arrived yesterday shortly before I did.  It's going to be gorgeous, and I know that Mom will love it!  



Marcie's current quilt is coming along quite nicely.  The blocks are up on her design wall, getting ready for the sashing step. 



Once that top is finished she plans to get started on Mom's quilt next, and even hinted that Mom's could even be completed by the time I return from Colorado!  As focused as Marcie is (there are no UFOs at her house, and very few NESTYs) I guess I shouldn't really be too surprised...



Tami is going to come back to Phoenix Saturday night after our rendezvous in Prescott for the bluegrass festival.   So Sunday I'll teach her how to quilt her table runner, either echo or in-the-ditch.  When she's ready to move up to free-motion quilting and doodle on a quilt she'll need to learn that from someone else!



Marcie, who of course had been looking forward to the bluegrass festival, can't go on Saturday after all.  Her doctor has ordered her to continue to remain inside because of the continuing poor air quality.  I do understand; breathing is good (and her recent course of prednisone has definitely helped) but it's too bad she'll have to miss the fun - and cooler temps!


I have a number of things to do this morning, including a couple of errands, before the cleaning ladies are scheduled to arrive this afternoon.  So guess I'd better get started on those around the house while I wait for the post office to open.

No comments:

Post a Comment