Thursday, September 28, 2017

Yesterday when I went out front to water, I surprised Mr. Peacock on the front porch.  Today, this is what I saw when I went to close the front door before heading out on some errands.


It's been lovely having the doors open these past days.  The weather, however, is warming up fast, and for the next week so I probably won't have the doors open except in the early morning.


It was a productive afternoon of errands.  First stop was Walgreens, where I printed up some pix of the jelly roll quilt (as a stand in for the reveal at the next Foothills meeting.  Next stop was the post office, where there was not much of a line... though not many windows were open, either.  Then I scoped out Luisa's new location, which was a little hard to find.  Unfortunately for me (but fortunately for her) she was all booked; I'll need to make an appointment for a pedicure so we can catch up.   



I picked up the granite countertop sample (which will be a large help when deciding on the floor tile) and we now have a date for the kitchen cabinet install the beginning of November.  But what I didn't realize is that they won't be able to start making the counter tops until after the cabinets are in and everything gets measured again (in case things don't quite line up with walls) which means another 2-3 weeks waiting on those.  So obviously we won't be cooking our Thanksgiving turkey here!  I will, however, be cooking dinner tomorrow before my Yom Kippur fast, so I made a needed stop at Winco before heading home.




Lisa called tonight with good news.  She is now officially licensed as a foster parent - and could have a child as early as this weekend!  We didn't talk long (she had other calls to make to share her good news) but assume when she knows more we'll hear more.

No comments:

Post a Comment