Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Marcie picked me up this morning for the Sew Day at Foothills.  She had brought adorable appliqued and embroidered animal alphabet blocks that just needed to be pinned together.  Originally she planned to donate that quilt to Charity when she finishes it - but when I saw the time and effort that had gone into it I convinced her that it would be better utilized as our raffle quilt for next year.  



Lisa called "just to chat" and we ended up talking for well over an hour.  It was lovely sitting outside on a bench in the shade (with my thermorest) and I got the update on her trials and tribulations with her rescue lizard Blaise.  We also talked a lot about her continuing progress through the fostering application.



After quilting Marcie insisted on treating me to lunch, and we went to Zupa's; I love their soups and salads.   We both opted for the half salad, half soup combo, and left there quite satisfied.  Back at the house I showed her my mesh bags ("adorable!") and a couple of UFOs, and she agreed that the fabric I just bought at Sheri's will work great with one of them.  Marcie needed a small piece of fabric for a project, so to 'save her a trip to the fabric store' <g> I pulled out a couple of my scrap tubs and she found exactly what she was looking for.



This afternoon I can get some more reading done for class - and then maybe a little sewing.  I actually did a little last night, the first time since before I left for Colorado!

No comments:

Post a Comment