Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Marcie enjoyed her visit to Foothills today, and she IS going to join!  :-)   She wasn't the only visitor today; we had a man, Monty, sitting at our table.  I didn't get to talk too much with him; I was busy setting up the food before the meeting, and then cleaning up afterward, and of course during the meeting we couldn't talk.  But he seemed nice, and it would be interesting to have a guy join our group.



Barb Jansen gave her wonderful Landscape Quilt demo today, and even though I've seen her do it (several times) before, I thoroughly enjoyed it... AND learned a lot.



She explained about the need to quilt water and sky at different intervals - but amazingly the "quilt police" at the show marked her down for 'uneven' quilting on this beauty.  


This is one of my favorite quilts of Barb's.  All of these stunning blocks are Arizona scenes, and she took the opportunity to talk about copyright laws.


None of them are copies of photographs - she just used the photographs for inspiration - but notice how she still gives the photographers credit!


Of the dozen or so quilts Barb showed today, this latest one was the only one I hadn't yet seen.  It's a little more abstract than most of her others, but it's still plain to see that it's a representation of Monument Valley.



She's going to be doing an actual class at Foothills (in January or February?) and I'm hoping that the date eventually chosen works out for me to (finally!) take her class.




Gena was happy to win today's raffle for the house quilt.  



Laura showed off the bag she made last week during my class -
and gave me credit for well-written directions.



The sentiment on Helen's quilt made us all chuckle!



On the way home I stopped in at the cabinet place to initial the change we made to the oven cabinets Monday night - because we want James to order them as soon as possible! -but the paperwork wasn't ready for me.  So I'll be heading back over (soon, I hope!)



Shelley trimmed my hair this afternoon. 
It not only looks wonderful, but also feels so much better.  

No comments:

Post a Comment