Friday, September 8, 2017

Alex popped over briefly, on his way out to dinner last night, to rescue Pokey.  I had leaned one of my pool floats (basically an inflated ring with mesh in the center) against the back wall of the patio.  Sometime after Tom had fed her she must have wandered up onto the porch and knocked the float over on top of her.  Luckily as Alex was leaving he noticed the big blue lump walking around the yard and (after laughing and taking some video) removed the offending float.  (Yes I asked him to send the video clip to me so I could share it. No he hasn't yet.)


Not sure how well Pokey could see with it on top of her,
so I'm very relieved that she didn't walk into the pool! 

  

Around bedtime we heard some very loud thunder, and then actually got a (very) little bit of rain for a change.  At one point it sounded like hail hitting the windows.  I haven't yet gone outside to check for any downed limbs here, but Mary sent this pic from her yard this morning:



Today is Gloria's birthday, and she and Bert were supposed to be on a plane heading out of Miami.  Unfortunately this morning their flight got cancelled, so they're currently playing in traffic on I-95; as of her last report cars were no longer moving.  Obviously it's not the way she planned to spend her birthday - but assume it'll be one she won't forget!


I was just telling Mary yesterday about a flat tire "adventure" from the 70s that certainly was NOT funny at the time.... but now <g> makes a great story.  As someone once said, we don't remember the vacations where everything went right!

No comments:

Post a Comment