Sunday, September 3, 2017

Wonderful Show & Tell  yesterday. 


When Wanda came over for dinner she brought over the BQ quilt she'd made from some of the fabric I'd scored at Nancy's sale, a "stained glass" top (I love the effect, and the pattern is an easy one, so that's another scrappy one for my List), and her current "A River Runs Through It" challenge project that still needs a little tweaking on the river (so I showed her the art quilt water tutorial I had recently posted "for" her.) 


She'd saved the best for last - my Two Gray Hills quilt!  Was so overcome that I forgot to take a picture of her with it. Now I have a Wanda Quilt <YAY!> and just have to decide in which place of honor it will hang.


Tom decided that he should give me my birthday gift early, while Wanda and I were waiting for dinner to be ready.  And he was right.... because it turned out to be four wonderful quilt books he had scored at the second-hand book store. 


Anyone surprised that Wanda and I soon became lost in them?




Dinner was delicious; we all pigged out Tom's BBQ chicken from the grill, corn-on-the-cob, potato salad, and a fruit plate - perfect menu for this holiday weekend.  Wanda had brought the wine, and a discussion of what/where to buy soon followed.



Now that Tom's awake (though still on his first cup of coffee) I should soon be able to open all the birthday cards that arrived in yesterday's mail.




No comments:

Post a Comment