Thursday, September 14, 2017

I thought waking up at 4:30 yesterday was too early... but today I've been awake since 3:30!  This is definitely getting old, and I am not happy about getting such a head start on these busy days!



First errand today is to meet with James at the cabinet store when they open at 9:00 (no, the paperwork never was ready yesterday) so we can get the order going.  I was especially disappointed yesterday when he told me that we cannot get a sample of the granite to take to the tile warehouse for matching purposes (like I do when I bring a swatch with me to the quilt store) because "due to variations in stone" they don't want to be responsible for that. 


His "helpful" suggestion of schlepping possible tile choices back to the cabinet store to match (there are zillions of choices, and of course each one costs several dollars) seems like much more of a hassle.  And I know from long experience after my forays to the quilt store that colors you "remember" and think "should" go well together... don't!


While my cellphone does take pictures, the color is never very good, and that would defeat the whole purpose.  I'm going to take my camera with me today and see how that turns out.



Then it will be over to Spencer's to check with Adam about the refrigerator, and after that another quick trip to the grocery store to pick up fish for tomorrow's dinner here with Patti.  At least the pool repair that I arranged for this morning (via several phone calls during yesterday's quilt meeting, when each time I had to step outside so of course I missed all sorts of announcements) is now (after talking to Tom last night) on hold until after Wes speaks to Tom.



Once I'm back home Mary will come by to drop off the key for my stay at their cabin this weekend, because unfortunately she isn't going to be able to join me up there.


  I had toyed with the idea of staying where Tami and Alan will be - until I spoke with her last night and found out that rooms are going for $300 this weekend! (I gather that most of the other places they tried were already full; she thinks there are things other than Pickin' in the Pines going on this weekend.)  After I heard that, a freebie at Mary's sounds like a much better plan!


Especially since Tami and Alan are willing to drive down to Mund's Park
and pick me up for dinner.



I do expect it to be a tad nippy in Flagstaff.  Highs there will be in the 60s over the weekend, so I "may" <g> need to bring some warm clothes with me.  Assume Mary and Jack's place has heat, even though it's a 'summer' place...!



And look at our 10-day forecast for here!!!!!  Tom is bummed he's missing out.



Now that I'm reasonably awake I need to get going on the Foothills' blurb for the AQG Chatter, because I think today is the deadline for submissions.


 While I take the photos at the meetings, Joy takes care of writing and submitting the actual blurb.  But she had to head out-of-town yesterday (before the meeting even ended), and had been stressing about how to get it written this month.  So she was beyond thrilled when I offered to do September's for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment