Thursday, September 28, 2017

I have been watching the Vietnam documentary each night, and (as expected) most of the iconic images that were seared into my memory from that time (the Viet Cong being shot in the head, the young woman kneeling over the dead student at Kent State, the naked girl fleeing after being burned by napalm) made an appearance during various episodes.  Another photo (from LIFE Magazine?) of a woman wailing over a body, her deep grief starkly visible as saliva streams from her mouth, has also stayed with me, but primarily because at the time I had a mixed reaction to it, and that greatly disturbs the person I later became.



I want to watch last night's Evidence class, but as of this morning it still isn't available.  Not sure how long it takes to post them, so I'll wait a day or so until I 'complain' to Andy; he's still busy in court with his Federal case, which is still ongoing despite his original thoughts that it would only last a few days.



When I went out to feed Pokey dinner last night, there was a cute little bunny nearby.  Of course it froze when it saw me.  I hoped to be able to approach between it and its 'escape' route so I could give it some of the lettuce and apple.  But as soon as I moved, it did too.  And guess who was faster?


In the animal department, I forgot to mention a scary event that occurred Tuesday.  Mike was out in their backyard (smoking his smelly cigar) and their Chihuahua Latina was out there also when a coyote came over their 6' block wall and grabbed her!  (Years ago I watched a coyote standing in our Back 40, and when it saw us come out it simply sailed gracefully up and over our 6' wall with no 'running start' and absolutely NO difficulty.) Marcie, in the house, said she heard Latina let out a scream of a nature she'd never heard before, and before Mike had had a chance intervene the coyote dropped her and fled.


Latina was covered in saliva and seems to have sustained a minor leg injury, but (other than still being totally freaked out) is okay.  Marcie immediately ordered wolf urine to sprinkle around their property perimeter, which should arrive today.  (And, if like me, you're wondering what wolf urine costs these days <g> it's about $30 for 16 oz.)




Tom called last night from Idaho, where he's visiting Carlo.  It's cold there and he was bundled up, but they were still hoping the weather would allow them to go fishing today.  He says he's missing our weather and may head home this weekend...so I gently <g> reminded him that he usually says that, but once he's home for a few days (and temps will be flirting with triple digits again for the next week at least) he usually complains about the heat. (At least he did admit to that.)



One of my errands today is to drop a package (the ZEN trail mix that I had bought for Neil but forgot to bring with me) at the post office for Terry.  Her package to me (the replacement eclipse t-shirt) arrived yesterday.




I wanted to swing by Lynn's today (Thursdays are good for her) and print up my Spool Quilt label - but I am having difficulty working one up on Paint because the new version on my laptop is making it hard to center each line.  (I never had trouble with the old version on my old desktop!) And while I Googled about how to do that, NONE of the "explanations" actually addressed that issue.



Gave Ann a call this morning.  Tomorrow would have been Bev's 67th birthday, and it will no doubt be an especially difficult day, so I wanted to give her an extra hug!


No comments:

Post a Comment